When you take your car for maintenance or for an oil change, it is always a good preventive maintenance to ask your car mechanic to check these parts regularly.
- Check brake fluids. Inspect whether the brake pads and discs are in good condition.
- Check engine coolants/antifreeze.
- Inspect spark plugs
- Check air filter.
- Check batteries.
- Check transmission fluid.
- Inspect shock absorbers.
- Check power steering fluid.
- Check all fluid levels and lubricants. If any fluid level is low, drain them and refill it.
- Check tire tread and tire pressure.
- Check all front, rear and brake lights.
- Inspect windshield wiper blades.
- An experienced mechanic can estimate the life of these above-mentioned items and inform you if any of these parts need to be replaced soon.
Finding a great car mechanic is not easy, so ask your friends and family, ask anyone who has been driving for a long time, speak with experienced drivers.